Friday, May 7, 2010

one more thing...

I forgot to mention that we're also bottle free! This is huge! I was super apprehensive about miles weaning from nursing at 9 months and having to switch to bottles/formula because I didn't want there to be a big struggle over getting rid of the bottle. When he turned a year old, I started phasing out a bottle every week or two. He had been taking 4 6oz bottles a day. I had eliminated every bottle but the evening bottle and I would have done away with it sooner, but miles had an ear infection (which took three different antibiotics to get rid of) and he just needed that bottle for comfort and to make sure he was getting enough fluids. So, miles had his last evening bottle on saturday night and hasn't looked back! Granted, his bottles had become one scoop of formula to about 6 oz of water... I can't imagine they were all that tasty.

I'm so proud of my little buddy!

No comments: